Do you think you have what it takes to design a new web site for the Digital Library Federation? If so, there is a Request for Proposal out to which you can respond. It includes a "mindmap" diagram that sketches out an organizational scheme (see image).
Requirements of responses include:
- description of the organization/company and its staff (including names/URLs of previous projects completed)
- plan for the project and method of work, including any variance from the proposed timeline
- response to the requirements, including detailed notes of concerns with individual requirements
- proposed price: a) for software development and launch into production, b) for monthly technical support, c) for monthly hosting
- description of technology to be used
- description of software from third parties to be used
- hardware and software requirements of the server where the software will be installed
- hardware and software requirements for the client using the software
- characteristics of the hosting service offered or recommended
- any additional resources the respondent offers to the project (work study student time, for instance, or usability testing)
Start by notifying Barrie Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before Thursday, 26 June 2008 that you intend to respond.