Now in its 5th year, The Digital Shift: Libraries @ the Center virtual conference will focus the attention of library professionals on libraries’ central role in the transformation of our culture from analog experiences to digital experiences.
Participants will engage in a dynamic day-long conversation about our shared digital future. We’ll examine how libraries drive change like no other institution, reaching classrooms and communities around the globe, and will provide actionable answers to some of the biggest questions our profession faces, including:
How can libraries adapt and adopt emerging technologies and tools, new ways of learning, and the evolving publishing ecosystem?
How will libraries continue to be at the center of their communities?
Libraries @ the Center will feature thought-provoking keynotes from Daniel J. Levitin PhD, award-winning scientist, musician, and author of The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in an Age of Information Overload, and Anil Dash, cofounder and CEO of ThinkUp: Analytics for Humans and one of the earliest and most influential technologists in social media. Our roster of expert speakers and panelists will present innovative ideas and tools for and from libraries of all types – school, academic, and public—in three key areas:
- Content, Containers and Beyond
How libraries are creating, curating, and licensing, digitizing, archiving, and delivering content in today’s fast-changing digital world.
- Collaboration and Innovation
How libraries are repositioning themselves as the digital nexus for their communities.
- Leading the Learning Revolution
How libraries serve as essential links in a learning continuum.
Libraries @ the Center (#TDS14) includes sessions on:
- StatBase: Open source data management for libraries
- Partnering with Small Organizations to Digitize Local Content
- Bridging the K12-College Information Literacy Gap
- Digital Strategies for Job Search Training
- Hack Your Notebook: Leveraging Libraries for STEM-Literacy Connections
- Identifying and Delivering Meta-Literacy Skill Sets to Adult Learners
- Making Space for Play
Libraries @ the Center brings a national library conference right to your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device, complete with:
- Interactive Exhibit Hall: learn about the latest products and innovations from leading technology vendors and publishers
- The Librarians’ Lounge: network with library professionals from across the globe
- Virtual Tote Bag: Download all of the presentations, handouts, and promotional information you want
Registration for the virtual conference is FREE and includes 3 months of access to the event archives, on-demand, including all presentations, information and handouts from the show, so sign up today!