Now in its 5th year, The Digital Shift: Libraries @ the Center virtual conference will focus the attention of library professionals on libraries’ central role in the transformation of our culture from analog experiences to digital experiences.
Participants will engage in a dynamic day-long conversation about our shared digital future. We’ll examine how libraries drive change like no other institution, reaching classrooms and communities around the globe, and will provide actionable answers to some of the biggest questions our profession faces, including:
- How can libraries adapt and adopt emerging technologies and tools, new ways of learning, and the evolving publishing ecosystem?
- How can libraries meet the 21st century needs of children and young adults?
- How will libraries continue to be at the center of their communities?
Libraries @ the Center (#TDS14) will feature thought-provoking keynotes from Daniel J. Levitin PhD, award-winning scientist, musician, and author of The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in an Age of Information Overload, and Anil Dash, cofounder and CEO of ThinkUp: Analytics for Humans, and one of the earliest and most influential technologists in social media.
Our roster of expert speakers and panelists will present innovative ideas and tools for and from libraries of all types – school, academic, and public—including sessions on:
- Classroom/Library Partnerships that Support Students’ Academic and Civic Learning
- Bridging the K-12-to-College Information Literacy Gap
- Adapting Academic Library Instruction to the Digital Environment
- Hack Your Notebook: Leveraging Libraries for STEM-Literacy Connections
- Digital Literacy, Corporate Data-Mining, and Government Surveillance
- Digital Strategies for Job Search Training
- Implementing New Digital Strategies in Response to a Community Emergency
- Successfully Partnering with Small Organizations To Digitize Local Content
- Libraries, Film/Media, Children, and Families: Making Connections
- Bringing A New “Voice” To Our Library and School With 3D Printing
- Libraries, Archives and Museums at the Intersection of History and Technology
Libraries @ the Center brings a national library conference right to your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device, complete with:
- Interactive Exhibit Hall: learn about the latest products and innovations from leading technology vendors and publishers
- The Librarians’ Lounge: network with library professionals from across the globe
- Virtual Tote Bag: Download all of the presentations, handouts, and promotional information you want
Registration for the virtual conference is FREE and includes 3 months of access to the event archives, on-demand, including all presentations, information and handouts from the show, so sign up today!